In the realm of engagement rings, tradition often reigns supreme, with classic solitaires and diamond settings taking centre stage. However, a vibrant and exciting trend is emerging, bringing a splash of colour to the world of engagement jewellery. Couples are increasingly choosing unique and colourful engagement rings that reflect their individuality and love story. Let's delve into this captivating trend and explore the allure of coloured gemstone engagement rings.
Alternative Gemstone Shapes:
- Instead of traditional round or princess-cut diamonds, couples are opting for unconventional gemstone shapes. Consider a pear-shaped emerald for a touch of elegance, a marquise-cut aquamarine for a unique twist or a trapeze cut diamond that brings something interesting to the eyes. You can even custom cut unique shapes according to your vision.
- Vintage and antique-style engagement rings continue to be in vogue. Rings with intricate filigree patterns, milgrain detailing, and Victorian-era influences are highly sought after. These designs infuse a sense of timeless romance into your engagement ring.
Coloured Halo Settings:
- Halo settings are a classic choice, but they are being reinvented with a burst of colour. Coloured gemstones, such as sapphires or emeralds, surrounding the centre stone add vibrancy and create a stunning contrast.
Two-Tone Metal Bands:
- Two-tone engagement ring bands are gaining popularity. Combining metals like rose gold and white gold or platinum can add depth and character to the ring's design, allowing the gemstone to stand out even more.
- Engagement rings featuring nature-inspired motifs like leaves, flowers, or vines are becoming increasingly popular. These designs add an organic and romantic touch to your ring, making it truly unique.
Birthstone Engagement Rings:
- Incorporating your partner's birthstone into the engagement ring design is a thoughtful and personal choice. Each birthstone carries its own unique meaning and significance, adding depth to your love story.
Three-Stone Rings with a Twist:
- Three-stone engagement rings are a classic symbol of past, present, and future. Modern variations incorporate different gemstone shapes and colours, creating a visually striking and sentimental piece.
Tio Et Moi:
- Toi et Moi" rings, translating to "You and Me" in French, are cherished for their romantic symbolism. These rings feature two distinct gemstones, often of different types or colours, elegantly set side by side, symbolising the union of two souls. This dual-stone design allows for personalization, making it a unique choice for engagement rings.
Geometric and Art Deco Influences:
- Geometric and Art Deco-inspired engagement rings are characterised by bold lines and symmetrical patterns. These rings exude a sense of sophistication and glamour, making them a trendy choice for contemporary couples.
- Adding a personal touch with engravings on the inside of the ring band is a trend that never goes out of style. You can inscribe your initials, wedding date, or a meaningful message to create a unique and sentimental piece of jewellery.
Unique engagement rings are capturing the hearts of modern couples who seek to express their individuality and love stories through their choice of gemstones, styles, and designs. Whether you opt for a vintage-inspired ring, a nature-inspired motif, or a birthstone-centric design, your engagement ring will be a symbol of your love and commitment, as unique as your relationship itself.